After a very successful trial event earlier this year, we are going to head back to the epic trails of the Dial Range for round 2. This event will once again be run over 2 days and include the legendary trail in Marcelo's backyard, along with the epic mountain top descents. Mount Gnomon Farm will again be partnering with our event to add a bit more class to the weekend. Entries opening soon.
Camping will be available on Friday and Saturday night at the Gnomon Farm. $5 PP - $10 Per Family / Per Night
- Toilets - YES / Power No / Showers - N0 - but we are looking into hiring showers in town Saturday Evening / Spectacular outlook and awesome vibe - HELL YES!!
An Epic Adventure In The Wild Mountains That Make The Dial Range
To eliminate an epic liaison stage between the Leven River and Mt Dial we have made the decision to run this event over 2 days.
Day 1 - Consists of Stage 1 on the legendary trails in Marcelo's backyard then we will all ride to the top of Mt Dial together before we descend back to the MTB park racing Stage 2.
For the adrenaline junkies, we will then have a slope style contest on the crazy features at the Penguin MTB Park before calling it a day.
Day 2 - Start and finish at the Gnomon Farm. Stage 3 will be the one for the speed freaks on the Sth Duncan trail then stage 4 will be the epic descent from near Mt Duncan to the Leven river. This stage is raw, steep in places and ENDURO AS. . . . . You know what. The perfect finish to an epic adventure near the sleepy coastal town of Penguin.
Day 1 - Saturday - 16km + practice laps at Marcelo's
Day 1 car parking - There is very limited parking at Marcelo's. Please park at the MTB park and commute to Marcelo's (5 minutes). If you have family/friends attending to give you a good heckle and show some stoke, then you are welcome to park at Marcelo's. If you turn up to Marcelo's with competitors only you will be turned around so please take note. Saturday's proceedings will finish at the MTB park.
- 9am - Rego opens at Marcelo's - Stage 1 open for practice. Strongly reccomend at least 1 run.
- 11.45am - Event Breifing
- 12 Midday - Stage 1 - Marcelo's
- 1.30pm - Cruise to Mt Dial
- 3.00pm - Stage 2 - Mt Dial
- 4.30pm - Slopestyle Contest- Penguin MTB park - Enter on the day
- 6.00pm - Dinner at the Mount Gnomon Farm (Optional)
Day 2 - Sunday - 17km
- 8.45am - Event Briefing
- 9am - Event Start/Finish at Gnomon Farm
- Complete stage 3 & 4 - Sth Duncan and Mt Dial
- 11.30am - Presentation
- 12 Midday - Gnomon Farm Open Day
A huge thank you to Guy from the Mount Gnomon Farm for all his support.